httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_main.c
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:07:36 GMT
"David McCreedy" <mccreedy@us.ibm.com> writes:

> This also prevented http_main.c from compiling on TPF.
> I was just about to submit a patch for it... but now I don't have to.

goodness...  It still bothers me that I introduced a warning in the
Solaris "gcc -Wall" build though (and who knows what else on all the
other {OS,cc} combinations I don't have access to).

Perhaps the right fix is

#ifdef XXXXXX /* however you spell NetWare+gcc */
struct in_addr whatever={};
#else
struct in_addr whatever;
#endif

:(

(How can it be C if global variables without initializers have a
non-zero initial value?)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...