httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: mod_deflate as a DSO on Solaris (perhaps generic?)
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:35:26 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 06:53:43PM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> > You'll note that there is *no* -lz anywhere. So, I don't see how
> > mod_deflate would ever get loaded. Looking at config.status, -lz is in
> Correct.  We specify the libraries in EXTRA_LIBS when we build
> httpd not when building the modules - the run-time link path comes
> from the executable.  (Didn't we just go over this on another list?)

Justin, what I keep trying to say w.r.t. the other thread is that it
seems that adding extra .la dependencies is what causes the problem on
AIX, not adding plain libraries.  On AIX we already are adding
EXTRA_LIBS to SH_LDFLAGS on AIX.  That doesn't cause a problem.  If it
is needed (or at least not harmful) everywhere then cool!!!

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message