httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: 1.3 weirdness with AcceptMutex on Solaris
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:12:12 GMT
Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> writes:

> | > Yeah, I see that, too. I have to add '-lthread -lpthread' to the
> | > src/Makefile manually.

What is the actual symptom you see if you don't do that?

> "All calls to libthread and libpthread are no-ops if the application does
> not link -lthread or -lpthread. The runtime library libc has many
> predefined libthread and libpthread stubs that are null procedures. True
> procedures are interposed by libthread or libpthread when the application
> links both libc and the thread library."

If a plug-in uses threads and httpd is bound (?) to some dummy thread
routines in libc, doesn't that screw up the plug-in or confuse libpthread?

Emperical results show that as long as httpd doesn't bind to dummy
thread routines in libc the plug-in's use of threads is fine.

See my separate post a few minutes ago...

Thanks!!!

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...