httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: core_output_filter seg fault
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:50:31 GMT
On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> I am getting a seg fault attempting to write bogus buffers to the network.
> apr_brigade_write() appears to be the culprit.

Well, I guess I don't have too much trouble believing that.

> I send an MMAP bucket into the apr_brigade_write

...but I can't parse this sentence.  You don't pass any buckets to
apr_brigade_write().  Do you mean the brigade you pass to
apr_brigade_write has an MMAP bucket in it?  Or that you're passing to
apr_brigade_write the contents of an MMAP that is also contained an MMAP
bucket somewhere?

> and it creates a transient bucket to point at the contents of the MMAP
> bucket and hangs this transient on the ctx->b brigade.
> apr_brigade_destroy() whacks the MMAP pointed to by the transient
> bucket in ctx->b, resulting in a segfault when we try to write the
> bogus buffer to the network.

This makes it sound like the latter.  Correct?

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA