httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Time to tag (was Re: [PROPOSAL] apr_shm_t, a new shared memory API to replace old)
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:41:20 GMT
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > - Bucket freelist code (Cliff)
>
> Good points. Consider this though... we have not released a 2.0 beta
> yet that included prebuilt binaries. binbuild was seriously broken in
> 2.0.28, so much so, that it was not feasible to build binaries. I
> would not be against tagging but holding off going for a beta if we
> can get the four things on your short list completed in a reasonable
> amount of time. We gotta get 2.0 out in the hands of more people and
> the sooner the better. My $.02.

FYI, the reason I've dropped off the face of the earth lately is that I'm
under research deadline pressure (we have to fedex our research paper out
to siggraph tomorrow night)... so there's no way the bucket freelist stuff
is getting done until at least the end of the week... please don't wait on
it for .30.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com