httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject Re: 1.3 weirdness with AcceptMutex on Solaris
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:50:45 GMT
On 31 Jan 2002, Jeff Trawick wrote:

| We turn on HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT in src/include/ap_config.h
| for Solaris.  We do not add -lpthread to the link.
|
| That doesn't look good.
|
| Can anyone confirm?

Yeah, I see that, too. I have to add '-lthread -lpthread' to the
src/Makefile manually.

In all honesty, HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT can very well be made the
default for solaris. I've been running it fine ever since Victor made the
fixes for it in 1.3.17 (or was it .18? I forget, but it was a long while
ago, and since then, I havnt seen the wierd hanging accrpt problems I was
running into prior to that fix.)

/dale