httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Williams" <chriw...@cmguc.com>
Subject Apache 2.0.28 memory growth issue.
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:22:45 GMT
I am running apache 2.0.28 on Solaris 8 with the worker MPM.  I am seeing
memory growth when I use flood to hammer apache when just serving up static
pages.  I have had flood running with 250 farmers constantly running the
past hour and the growth of the httpd processes using the ps command has
gone from 4200 to 15000 when using the RSS value from ps.  Was this growth
normal in 2.0.28?  I know the latest tagged version is 2.0.30 and wonder if
I should try and get it setup on my Solaris box(doesn't have libtool and
other stuff needed to build from CVS).  Is/was this a known issue and will
upgrading to a version later than 2.0.28 help?  One other question...what is
the correct syntax for the CVS command to get a specific label out of CVS
sat I want to get 2.0.30 instead of the HEAD?
Thanks!
Chris