httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mod_log_config.html
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:09:41 GMT

Can you really benchmark speed differences between the two?

Wouldn't we be better off designing a fast-path for mod_setenvif that could
take something like
SetEnvIf REQUEST_URI \.gif$
and test it without a regex?  (I admit that I don't know how much work that
would be.)

> the other issue is the SetEnvIf can't match on mime-types (;)) and the
> way it is hooked in would require a seperate directive to do it

Well, more likely running the hook another time. I frequently hear requests
to match on things like response headers and the response status code, which
are not available today.

At minimum the documentation needs to be cleaned up.  It has some grammar
problems, and I don't understand at all what the point of the env= clause
is.

Joshua.