httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.29 high load avg
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 18:01:53 GMT
> the point is I don't see the high load average.

If we're actually looking at a problem with select()/accept() and the
presence or absence of a mutex, I would not be surprised if Solaris and BSD
react differently. See my December paper

<http://research.covalent.net/projects/osdl1.html>

For a look at the differences between Solaris and Linux. Now, Linux ain't
BSD, so it's possible that it does something else yet again.

S.

--
Covalent Technologies                             sctemme@covalent.net
Engineering group                                Voice: (415) 536 5214

   PGP Fingerprint: 1E74 4E58 DFAC 2CF5 6A03  5531 AFB1 96AF B584 0AB1

use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
of the original message