httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: mod_negotiation/dir subrequest problem [was: Tagging .31 soon]
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:42:22 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> What about a compromise for 1.3: Log it as an error but don't bork the
> request; just let it through with the bad location header?

Now that the issue has surfaced, it needs to be handled.  I'm
-1 on a 'fix' that perpetuates RFC-noncompliant behaviour.
The minimalist 'right' fix is already in; the Best Thing Right Fix
is to issue a warning message and add the netpath if absent.
It's the figuring out of the correct netpath that sucks lithoi.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millenium hand and shrimp!"