httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_negotiation/dir subrequest problem [was: Tagging .31 soon]
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:58:23 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Ian Holsman wrote:
>
>>The fix you just put in will probably break a lot of configurations
>>

> They were broken as it stands; the documentation says 'must be
> a valid URI'.

yep.. but thats true, and it isnt RFC compliant, and no one should be
using it in a perfect world. but the problem is that it is a common
config mistake, and I'm thinking there are 1000's of sites that are
working hapilly on 1.3.23,  that aren't going to work on 1.3.24

I don't think we should be forcing people into RFC compliance like this.
at the very least this should be done in post-config not at runtime.

so I'm -0.9 on it we should be opening the bag of cats. If you can
explain to me what the bag is I'll be happy to open it.

BTW.. looking at mod-rewrite it seems to be doing location redirects on
r->filename and they appear to be ok.. so I'm still not sure what is
going on here to make mod_alias's redirects not work.