httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: mod_negotiation/dir subrequest problem [was: Tagging .31 soon]
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:39:44 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

> /builds/tomcat/ is redirected to /builds/jakarta-tomcat/ via an
> .htaccess file, so the bottom two refer to the same thing.

This actually exposes a new issue: invalid redirect fields.

   GET /builds/tomcat/ HTTP/1.0
   Host: jakarta.apache.org

returns

   Location: /builds/jakarta-tomcat/index.html

The 'index.html' is one problem, new since 2.0.28.  However,
the invalid absoluteURI issue is present even back in 2.0.28.

The relevant line in the .htaccess file is:

RedirectMatch /builds/tomcat/(.*) /builds/jakarta-tomcat/$1

Since there's no '[R]' flag, I'm not sure why this is forcing
an external redirect, either, rather than keeping it internal
and concealed from the client.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millenium hand and shrimp!"