httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Expires: header prevents caching
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:33:49 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:
> I tested the URL that Andrzej mentions below.  Sho 'nuf, the value of the
> Expires: headers we send is exactly the same as the value of the Date: header.
> RFC 2616 says the content can't be cached by proxies in this case.

mod-include (which core.html runs through)
removes the 'Last-Modified'/Etag and I think, Expires headers
from the page. this is due to it not being able to set these properly.
(imaging a dynamic piece of content included at the very end of a file,
after the headers have been sent out)

does the main webserver use mod-expire?