httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Win32 Compile
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:16:00 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> "Ian Holsman" <ianh@apache.org> wrote in message news:3C432DE3.6000005@apache.org...
>

>>anyone mind if I modify apache.dsw to
>>

>>* include mod_cache/mod_mem_cache
>>

> Only if they build clean, or close to it ;)  Seriously, if they are close
> to working, you need to also modify makefile.win and httpd-win.conf to set
> them up (commented out) and copy the results into modules/.  I'll normalize
> the cl/link/version resource stuff in the other .dsp files sometime in the
> next week or two.
>

>>* setup some modules as dependancies of 'Apache' project, (the ones
>>which were in libhttpd originally)
>>

> Huh?  Yes, we mind.  The toplevel project already builds 'em all.

what exactly is the toplevel project then?

what I >used< to be able to do was stick a config in debug/conf/
load the modules from their debug locations and run/debug stuff.
now I seem to have to compile/copy/run
I can live with it, but the current method is slower, and more prone to
error. especially when a change to APR/libhttpd is done.

maybe another 'Build-All' project? which just compiles all the modules

> Dependencies are just that.  Apache.exe doesn't require foo.so, the InstallBin
> project that launches the copy operation requires foo.so.  Keep 'em simple,
> so our tangled clean/rebuild all logic doesn't get anymore torqued than it
> already is.

Agreed.
so why are all the APR/APR-UTIL headers marked as 'external' I'm
thinking if we put them in as normal includes then VC+ would then mark
them as a dependancy and rebuild all the effected files. currently if
you change a header file (like apr_pools.h)  you need to rebuild all.

what would ALSO be really nice (and I don't know how) was if there was
a way of creating the DSW so that it could include custom modules. we
have ~8 modules/libs which need to be added into the DSW everytime a
major change happens to it (which seems to me ~1/month) if there was a
script which could create the DSW from projects or something that would
be way cool. (If someone can tell me how I'll build it)