httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FILTER/subrequest Question.
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:29:01 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Ian Holsman wrote:
>

>>I've got a problem, with a included component and a custom module.
>>I think it's a FAQ.
>>
>>when I include the file, it appears at the top of the response
>>not in the position it should.
>>
>>I know's it something to do with the brigade.. but I'm buggered
>>if I can figure out what.
>>

> Can you be a little more specific?  Is your custom module a filter or a
> handler or both?  You say you include the file, which I presume means that
> your module injects an SSI tag into the output which is then parsed by
> mod_include.  Is that correct?  Is all of your output done with brigades
> directly, or does some or all of it use ap_r*, ap_f*, or apr_brigade_*?

Hi Cliff.
I've been modifying the cache code so that it can be used for subrequests.
the quick-handler creates the brigade, and then passes it to the
'CACHE_OUT' filter.

the filter gets called with this bridage. it then inserts 2 buckets
a mmap and a eos one and calls ap_pass_brigade.

the only other change i have had to do was to change the 'SUBREQ_CORE'
filter from a AP_FTYPE_CONTENT to AP_FTYPE_HTTP_HEADER so that the
CACHE_OUT (and other filters) get added in the right place.

does this help?

the include in question is something like
<!--#include "/c/foo.html" -->

where /c/ is being cached.