httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: FreeBSD load statistics.
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:01:37 GMT
Aaron Bannert wrote:

> Another thing that was brought up yesterday at dinner was the fact
> that Daedalus underwent a system upgrade to 4.5. AIUI this also means
> that things like libc and gcc were updated, and means that 2.0.28 and
> 2.0.30 were compiled by different compilers. Perhaps we should recompile
> 2.0.28 under the new environment and see if the load spikes are still
> not happening. That would at least exclude the possibilitity that this
> was introduced by the compiler and/or libraries as part of the upgrade.

hmmm...  2.0.30-dev went live on Dec 21.  On Dec 28 Brian B reported to the
infrastructure list that he had upgraded daedalus to 4.5, and had been seeing
load spikes for the last week.

But I want to do another 2_0_28 build anyway to stick in my cpu per request
logging patch, to see if the phenomenon where some trivial requests use a lot of
cpu exists there as well.  This will kill two birds with one stone.

Greg