httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.28 memory growth issue.
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:23:58 GMT
Chris Williams wrote:

> I am running apache 2.0.28 on Solaris 8 with the worker MPM.  I am seeing
> memory growth when I use flood to hammer apache when just serving up static
> pages.  I have had flood running with 250 farmers constantly running the
> past hour and the growth of the httpd processes using the ps command has
> gone from 4200 to 15000 when using the RSS value from ps.  Was this growth
> normal in 2.0.28?  I know the latest tagged version is 2.0.30 and wonder if
> I should try and get it setup on my Solaris box(doesn't have libtool and
> other stuff needed to build from CVS).  Is/was this a known issue and will
> upgrading to a version later than 2.0.28 help?  One other question...what is
> the correct syntax for the CVS command to get a specific label out of CVS
> sat I want to get 2.0.30 instead of the HEAD?
> Thanks!
> Chris

Hi Chris.
I'm not sure about .28, but .29 (+aprtableget patch from 30) seems
pretty stable for us, and we haven't seen that memory growth you
describe. does the RSS size constantly grow from the start, or does
it sit still for a period of time and then start increasing.
also it could be a module you are running.