httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_core.c
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:27:54 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> I question whether this chaged required a MMN major bump.

*shrug*  The core config record is exposed only to files
that #define CORE_PRIVATE.  In our base package, that means

include/http_config.h
include/http_request.h
main/http_config.c
main/http_core.c
main/http_log.c
main/http_main.c
main/http_protocol.c
main/http_request.c
main/http_vhost.c
main/util_script.c
modules/experimental/mod_mmap_static.c
modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c
modules/standard/mod_rewrite.h
modules/standard/mod_so.c
modules/standard/mod_status.c
os/netware/mod_tls.c
os/win32/mod_isapi.c

Whether those files actually make use of the structure is
another issue entirely; here are the ones that do:

main/http_core.c
main/http_protocol.c
main/http_request.c
main/util_script.c

All of those are going to get rebuilt when the http_core.h
file changes, so it could be justified that there be no bump
at all.

However, who knows what 3P modules use the structure?  They
probably oughtn't anyway, so I've no problem with changing
this to a minor bump or even none.

I *do* have a problem with what appears to be a non-technical
veto, Roy.  2.0 isn't going to be out for months; even after it
is take-up will take many more, and I dispute the statement that
we're 'done' with 1.3.  Certainly there's little development
being done on it, but I think that's a matter of temperament,
not policy.  I do not see why functionality desired by existing
users should be postponed indefinitely when it could be available
now.
--
#ken	P-)}