httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mod_log_config.html
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:51:06 GMT
<now this one is Private>

Joshua Slive wrote:

>>From: Brian Pane [mailto:brian.pane@cnet.com]
>>

>>>Can you really benchmark speed differences between the two?
>>>

>>Yes.  And the difference is quite large.
>>

> You've tried out Apache with the two different methods of exclusion and
> found that the LogExclude method results in a server that can serve
> significantly more traffic?  I'm surprised!

shouldn't be.

we actually have our own custom logger
and a custom 'setenvif' module

we did a LOT of testing before we decided SetEnvIf really really sucked
in 1.3 and wrote the replacement.
the config change actually came from our custom module, I'm trying to
convince the developers over here to use the standard one, but wrowe's
veto nixed that.