httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <brian.p...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.29 high load avg
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 18:46:16 GMT
Can someone describe what the difference is between the select/accept/mutex
behavior of .28 and .29/.30 on daedalus?

Also, do we have any data on syscalls per request during the spikes?
Based on Greg's vmstat data showing a spike in syscalls/second concurrent
with the spike in load, I'd
expect that either:
  * The number of requests/second increased, or
  * The number of syscalls/request increased

I'd originally assumed it was the latter (e.g., because some request type
started doing more syscalls in .29 than in .28), but I can't yet identify
evidence of this in the data.

--Brian