httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Korb <bk...@veritas.com>
Subject Debugging help, please?
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 22:07:24 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use GDB or any debugger from within
a cgi program started by Apache under Linux.  I tried the obvious:

  #! /bin/sh
  DISPLAY=:0.0 xterm -e gdb /path/to/bin/exe

to no avail, so I was hoping for a hint here  :-).
The more simplistic approach of cloning the environment in a shell
script does not evidence the problem.  It only seems to be
reproducible on Linux under Apache.  (It works correctly on other
platforms or using different execution environments on Linux.)
If this is a known problem with known workarounds or fixes,
that would be even better than trying to use gdb  :-D

Thanks! - Bruce