httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: server/util.c
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 01:01:55 GMT
On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 04:55:30PM -0800, sterling@covalent.net wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I don't recall if this has been proposed before, but I keep finding myself
> wanting various string functionality that lives in server/util.c outside
> of apache - what do you say we move it all to apr-util?  lots of COOL
> functions in there (coincidentally written by rob mcCOOL).

Please post patches for what you think is useful in other apps, and
I'll definitely review them.  =)

On quick glance, some of util.c calls regex (i.e. pcre) which I'm
not sure we want to add to apr-util, but that might not be an
altogether bad idea, but shouldn't be done without some
forethought.  -- justin