httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgi on 1.3 question
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:59:42 GMT
On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 05:33:19PM -0500, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> mod_cgi.c on 1.3 makes this call:
>
> if ((retval = ap_setup_client_block(r, REQUEST_CHUNKED_ERROR)))
>   return retval;
>
> If I understand this, a browser cannot send chunked content to a cgi on the server. Why
> not use  REQUEST_CHUNKED_DECHUNK?

Because CGI depends on Content-Length being set in the headers (and thus
in the env).  The only way we could support that is through body buffering
before invoking the CGI, which was something I wasn't willing to do without
a sensible input filtering mechanism.  It might be implementable now.

....Roy