httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server protocol.c
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:03:58 GMT
On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 08:54:31AM -0800, Brian Pane wrote:
> That definitely would be less messy than an apr_brigade_destroy()
> before each return statement.  My only concern is whether recreating
> the brigade would negatively affect performance.  But if you can get
> the same speed with that approach, I'm +1 on using it.

Well, consider that you're going to be calling ap_get_brigade in
that one special case (folding) - i.e. you're going to be going
through the filter chain again.  So, I can't imagine that an extra
brigade creation call should noticably hurt performance.  And, the
code will become much cleaner.

I'll try to change this Monday night if no one beats me to
it.  -- justin