httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Tagging .31 soon
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:53:29 GMT
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:44:49AM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:29:56AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:08:48AM -0800, Ian Holsman wrote:
> > > probably tomorrow if no major problems/objections occur.
> >
> > Can we please wait until Monday?  I'd like to do the following
> > things:
> >
> > - Remove mod_auth_db
> > - Check in ap_rgetline rewrite (Ryan Morgan's had the only comment so
> >   far)
> > - Change the ap_get_brigade prototype once more to remove *readbytes
>
> To all: Which of these "showstoppers" can we actually live without for
> a release? Justin: let's keep track of these things in STATUS so we can
> better keep track of when it is a good time to release (I'll do the same
> with the below fix.)

mod_auth_db is in STATUS as a showstopper - someone just has to
remove all mod_auth_db - we have 3 votes and I posted a last call
which no one seemed to complain about.

The other items are related to the input filtering rewrite and are
in the "nice to have" category in STATUS.  However, since both of
them involve API rewrites that affect third-party modules, I'd be
reluctant to see any release occur without them.  So, it's not a
showstopper, but let's not try to screw our module writers too
much.

I won't have time until this weekend to address these issues
properly.  If someone wishes to step up, be my guest.  -- justin