httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Tagging .31 soon
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:44:49 GMT
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:29:56AM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:08:48AM -0800, Ian Holsman wrote:
> > probably tomorrow if no major problems/objections occur.
>
> Can we please wait until Monday?  I'd like to do the following
> things:
>
> - Remove mod_auth_db
> - Check in ap_rgetline rewrite (Ryan Morgan's had the only comment so
>   far)
> - Change the ap_get_brigade prototype once more to remove *readbytes

To all: Which of these "showstoppers" can we actually live without for
a release? Justin: let's keep track of these things in STATUS so we can
better keep track of when it is a good time to release (I'll do the same
with the below fix.)

> I also know Aaron is intending to look at the shmem code in the
> next few days to resolve his hack he checked in last night.

s/hack/fix/ ;)
But seriously, I'll be fixing this RSN, but don't wait for me for
a tag.

> FWIW, if you don't intend on releasing .31 - which *I* won't
> vote for without these changes, then you can simply tag it as
> iholsman_cool_tag or some other nonsense.  Apparently, rumour
> has it that this is what we used to do in the 1.3 series.  -- justin

I think we can release .31, let's get these things taken care of and
shoot for beta. +1 for a Monday tag.

-aaron