httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Tagging 1.3.23
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:05:23 GMT
On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 07:58:57PM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I'm also thinking of the # of patches OtherBill is folding in
> as well... By "bumping" the tag, do you mean having the tag
> say something like APACHE_1_3_23_R2 or something? Not APACHE_1_3_24
> right? :) :)
>
> Bill Stoddard wrote:
> >
> > The tarball hasn't been rolled, so if the change is simple, why not make the change
and
> > bump the tag?  This method has worked pretty good for 2.0 if we impose a reasonable
time
> > limit between the tag and the roll (say 24 hours).

+1 on Bill's suggestion.

And no, it wouldn't be funny tags. We'd just point the tag at a different
revision for that one file. For all intents and purposes, the fix is now
part of the 1.3.23 tag.

btw, Bill: you can/should still manually tag that .cvsignore to be correct.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/