httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject [HEADS-UP] Input filtering prototype change
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 07:59:16 GMT
When I brought up a proposal to rewrite ap_getline last month, we
(Ryan, Greg, and myself) agreed that we needed to fix the input
filtering prototypes to separate block/non-block from the input
filter mode.  This is the first step to eventually fixing ap_getline.
I believe it also makes things a lot cleaner in the input filter API.

This breaks source API compatibility for any third-party modules
against 2.0 that use input filtering.  I wanted to do this before
another release occurs.  I've updated all the modules in httpd-2.0
and in httpd-test accordingly.  We still pass all related httpd-test
cases.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  Hopefully,
the commit log and other diffs should guide others in how to change
their own modules if needed.  I believe the sooner we address this,
the better off we will be.  Enjoy.  -- justin