httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT, linux, and 1.3.22
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:38:01 GMT
I added something similar to the following to http_main.c

int timeout = 30;

if (setsockopt(s, SOL_TCP, TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT, &timeout, sizeof(int)) < 0) {

    if (errno == ENOPROTOOPT) {
           ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_INFO | APLOG_NOERRNO, server_conf,
                                "socket option TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT unkown on
this machine. Continuing.");

    }
    else {
    ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING | APLOG_NOERRNO, server_conf,
                         "make_sock: for %s, setsockopt: (TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT)
failed", addr);

    }

}

I can confirm that the option is being set by getsockopt().  I have tested
this in a lab environment and want to know if there are any gotcha's before I
try this in production.

Thanks.

--
Brian Akins