httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Eibner <tho...@stderr.net>
Subject Re: Tag 1.3.23?
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:51:17 GMT
On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:47:35PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >   Note I've corrected _SEVERAL_ badly declared symbols on Win32 into
> >   API_EXPORT_NONSTD flavors (e.g. those using (...) args).  This may,
> >   or may not, break binary compatibility depending on how those args
> >   are addressed, and if those functions were used.
>
> This is a problem.  I have a suggestion if we don't want to entirely
> break Win32 compatibility.  Nonstd symbols would normally carry their
> underbar prefix.  By adding that prefix we would resolve the issue,
> except that ordinals would need to change, as well.  This would break both
> means that linked binaries use to resolve the symbol names.

The only reason I was wondering if it needed to be included was that
you said it might break binary compatibility, so it was definitelly
something that people would want to know about from the CHANGES file :-)

I have no idea how to solve it the best way though.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>