httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [HEAD] --with-mpm=worker under FreeBSD 4.5 does nothing?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:55:03 GMT
On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:32:35PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 10:27:18AM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > > [Fri Jan 11 14:20:19 2002] [crit] (78)Function not implemented: Fatal error:
could not open(create) scoreboard

> > > 	Even if I comment out the 'ScoreBoard' line in httpd.conf, it
> > > gives the 'Function not implemented' error ...
> > >
> > > 	Known problem?  If not, suggestions on how to debug and provide
> > > something just a wee bit more useful?  I'm not finding any core files
> > > laying about, so nothing I can gdb ...
> >
> > send in the output of `grep SHM srclib/apr/include/apr.h` so we can find
> > out what shared memory subsystems are available on your platform.
>
> jail# grep SHM srclib/apr/include/apr.h
> #define APR_HAVE_SHMEM_MMAP_TMP     1
> #define APR_HAVE_SHMEM_MMAP_SHM     1
> #define APR_HAVE_SHMEM_MMAP_ZERO    1
> #define APR_HAVE_SHMEM_SHMGET_ANON  1
> #define APR_HAVE_SHMEM_SHMGET       1
> #define APR_HAVE_SHMEM_MMAP_ANON    1
> #define APR_HAVE_SHMEM_BEOS         0
> #define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_TMP     0
> #define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_SHM     0
> #define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ZERO    0
> #define APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET_ANON  0
> #define APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET       1
> #define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ANON    1
> #define APR_USE_SHMEM_BEOS         0

These are identical to what I have on 5.0-CURRENT, and I just
verified that it still works for me.

If you are getting "Not implemented on this platform" errors, then
something funny is going on -- that only happens in the scoreboard if
you don't have any anonymous shmem implementations, which according to
your HAVE_SHMEM defines above is not true (you have every shmem type
known to APR on your system).

I'd say first try doing a full "make clean && make distclean && ./buildconf"
to make sure nothing is stale. Let us know if you're still seeing this
problem at that point.

Like Justin suggested, this could just be a problem with the jail. If
the above doesn't work, you might try changing to these defines:
#define APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET_ANON  1
#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ANON    0

So that you're using shmget() for the ANON shmem instead of mmap().

-aaron