httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Solaris 2.5.1 builds?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:09:43 GMT
On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:55:31AM +0100, Mladen Turk wrote:
> dav/main -export-dynamic    -o dftables  dftables.lo -lm -lsocket -lnsl -ldl
> /export/home/mladent/apache/current/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/libexpat.l
> ./dftables > /export/home/mladent/apache/current/srclib/pcre/chartables.c
> ld.so.1: dftables: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed

Ah, this affects all Solaris platforms.  Configuration of libtool
should have emitted a warning about this - you should use GNU
binutils or follow these instructions.  Something like this:

*** Warning: Releases of GCC earlier than version 3.0 cannot reliably
*** create self contained shared libraries on Solaris systems, without
*** introducing a dependency on libgcc.a.  Therefore, libtool is disabling
*** -no-undefined support, which will at least allow you to build shared
*** libraries.  However, you may find that when you link such libraries
*** into an application without using GCC, you have to manually add
*** \`gcc --print-libgcc-file-name\` to the link command.  We urge you to
*** upgrade to a newer version of GCC.  Another option is to rebuild your
*** current GCC to use the GNU linker from GNU binutils 2.9.1 or newer.

That should fix it.  If not, find libgcc_s.so.1 and add
-R/path/to/libgcc/dir to LDFLAGS.  -- justin