httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_core.c
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:47:47 GMT
No new features should be added to 1.3, period, but I am not vetoing that.
What I did veto is a major MMN bump for the sake of a new feature.  We have
been explicitly forbidding bug fixes that would cause such a bump, so why
on earth do you think we should allow a new, non-critical feature to be
added to the feature-frozen development branch that would require every
single 1.3.x module on the planet to be recompiled?  It has been something
like two years since the last time we allowed that.

A minor MMN bump should be sufficient.  If not, the feature doesn't belong
in the 1.3 tree.

....Roy