httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <...@dulug.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Tagging 1.3.23
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:10:49 GMT
Problem found, but not resolved.

Turns out that find-dbm-lib in helpers looks for ndbm.h in
/usr/include/db1 on RH 7.  This is provided in the db1-devel package.
However, gdbm-devel also provides a ndbm.h, in /usr/include/gdbm.

The problem at hand:
We are going to have users who want to use mod_auth_dbm, and wonder
why ndbm.h can't be found on their system when it's there, plain as
day.

2 solutions:
1) Doc it up. Does the job, but not what I want.
2) Fix find-dbm-lib properly, so that it does "The Right Thing" and
uses whatever dbm it finds.

I prefer 2, but is it the right thing for 1.3.23 (I would hope that
thsi would not scrap it)?

Issues:
Are there any GNU licensing issues with linking against gdbm? If so,
solution 1 will do for now, since we will have to force the user to
install db1-devel. However, find-dbm-lib has always felt like
something of a hack to me.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
orlikowski@apache.org  | vjo@dulug.duke.edu | vjo@us.ibm.com