httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] apr_shm_t, a new shared memory API to replace old
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 21:26:42 GMT
From: "Ian Holsman" <ianh@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 3:04 PM

> Aaron Bannert wrote:

> >>If the patches are done RTC, I'd be comfortable doing it in one pass
> >>(just switch all callers and the API at once).  That way we have a
> >>fighting chance to not break the build.  -- justin
> >>

> > I agree. I think we have enough people working on this that RTC will work.
> >
> > ** Warning to any apps using APR shared memory: apr_shmem.h will soon
> > be removed. It will be replaced with apr/include/apr_shm.h for the
> > base allocation/mapping routines, and apr-util/include/apr_rmm.h for
> > the memory management routines. **
>
> do you think we should TAG .30 before you introduce this?

Such questions belong on new-httpd, so I've copied that list.

Is the current tree a better codebase than .29, or .28 before that?

If so, we do, if not, we will go ahead and introduce the changes.

I believe it should be apr, then scoreboard [which will -not- use rmm], then
auth_digest, which does use the shm+rmm combo.  I'll start on the auth_digest
patch tonight so it can all happen at once.

Bill