httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Fw: Current CVS on Win32
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:13:54 GMT
From: "Sebastian Bergmann" <sb@sebastian-bergmann.de>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 1:33 AM

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> > ScoreboardFile logs/apache.score should work fine.
>
>   Yep, doesn't crash now.

Ok... consider this a bug, no default ScoreboardFile name.  One that
I don't have time to trace right now.  The errors lie in;

  apr_shm_{create|attach} cleanup - may not have a filename [anon].

  win32 scoreboard should _not_ use anon with no scoreboard name, it
  should revert to the old method if scoreboard name is null (use the
  NOT_SHARED bit that we do in -X).  At this moment Win32 doesn't
  -need- to have a shared score, until we create multiple processes,
  or unless a module in the parent wants scoreboard data from the child.
  If such a module is installed [for the moment] they aught to configure
  the ScoreboardFile directive.

Simple patch for anyone looking for a mini-project.  I'll fix soon if
noone steps up, but those of you hacking WinNT might need to set your
ScoreboardFile directive, as a workaround for right now.

Second Win32 bugaboo at this moment;

  mod_rewrite's locks were messed up by the recent changes to the
  apr_lock_t api (which we were deprecating in the first place, so
  I'm far from certain why it changed.)  It has to do with creating
  the rewrite logs mutex.  Either don't load mod_rewrite, or give
  the rewrite log mutex a name {dunno what that syntax is, offhand.}
  The solution is to find the brokenness in apr_lock_t, but if it goes
  away, why waste the time?

  Of course, to deprecate apr_lock_t, I see that we still need to add
  an apr_procthread_lock (LOCKALL), since Aaron informs me that on some
  Unicies, thread locks don't work cross-proc, and proc locks won't work
  cross-threads.  Geesh.

I refuse to look up the directive, because I refuse to fix the problem
on my machine till the bug is licked.  ITMT, I've run out of time chasing
that mutex destruction in ssl to hack any further; won't have alot of
Apache time on my hands till midweek next week, maybe even next weekend.

Bill