httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: APACHE_2_0_30 tagged
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 01:50:29 GMT
From: "Aaron Bannert" <aaron@clove.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 7:28 PM

> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 07:50:46PM -0500, Dwayne Miller wrote:
> > Is SSL working on Win32 in this release?
>
> This is not a release (yet), but as far as I know and as reported
> to me from Will Rowe, SSL on Win32 works. You may have to place
> an openssl source distrobution into srclib/ to make it work, though.

Yes - plus two bits.  You must build openssl first.  And if you are
a VC5 user, you must export the make files beforehand, since the
InstallBin target tries to run Makefile.win, and Makefile.win is
quite happy kicking off the msdev command against the .dsp files
abs.dsp and mod_ssl.dsp.  This only succeeds in VC6 and later.

If Makefile.win sees abs.mak and mod_ssl.mak, because you've exported
them, then any version of VC/DevStudio is happy.

There is a win32-mak.zip file for 2.0.30 in http://dev.apache.org/dist/
if you want to unzip it on top of your 2.0.30 checkout.

And yes, we don't ever expect this to become a 'release' - since the
problems on www.apache.org are rather serious :(

Bill