httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: APACHE_2_0_30 tagged
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 00:35:55 GMT
From: "Brian Pane" <brian.pane@cnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:20 PM

> Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 11:42:12PM -0000, aaron@apache.org wrote:
> >
> >>aaron       02/01/08 15:42:12
> >>
> >>  Modified:    .        CHANGES STATUS
> >>               include  ap_release.h
> >>  Log:
> >>  Welcome to 2.0.31
> >>

> >APACHE_2_0_30 has been tagged as promised. Let's get to testing this
> >bugger and see if we can make it a beta!
> >

> Don't we already know that it's not beta-quality, based on the
> problems with 2.0.30 on daedalus?

I'd agree, since .28 didn't suffer that problem.

However, we needed to bump to .30 before breaking everyone's platforms
while introducing Aaron's new cleaned up shm, David's split of dup and dup2,
and relocatable scoreboard changes I needed to make for win32.  All those
may momentarilly break one platform or another, one mpm or another.

Now everyone has a stable point, since other than the daedalus issue, it
seems like a rather solid version.