httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Win32 Compile
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:06:14 GMT
"Ian Holsman" <ianh@apache.org> wrote in message news:3C432DE3.6000005@apache.org...

> anyone mind if I modify apache.dsw to

> * include mod_cache/mod_mem_cache

Only if they build clean, or close to it ;)  Seriously, if they are close
to working, you need to also modify makefile.win and httpd-win.conf to set
them up (commented out) and copy the results into modules/.  I'll normalize
the cl/link/version resource stuff in the other .dsp files sometime in the
next week or two.

> * setup some modules as dependancies of 'Apache' project, (the ones
> which were in libhttpd originally)

Huh?  Yes, we mind.  The toplevel project already builds 'em all.

Dependencies are just that.  Apache.exe doesn't require foo.so, the InstallBin
project that launches the copy operation requires foo.so.  Keep 'em simple,
so our tangled clean/rebuild all logic doesn't get anymore torqued than it
already is.

> * setting the 'debug' option of apache.exe so that it runs with -D
>    ONE_PROCESS

The irritating bit is that the debug options are all stored in the .opt file,
which CANNOT EVER be checked into cvs (since it contains machine-local info,
in binary form.)

Bill

BTW - could you please quit crossposting?  It's quite irritating for those of
us who tend to reply-to-all out of habit, due to apr and httpd projects' disjoint
reply-to bogosity :)