httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mod_log_config.html
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:46:29 GMT
> Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> >>From: ianh@apache.org [mailto:ianh@apache.org]
> >>

> >>ianh        02/01/09 17:03:41
> >>
> >>  Modified:    modules/loggers mod_log_config.c
> >>               docs/manual/mod mod_log_config.html
> >>  Log:
> >>  new option LogExcludeByType
> >>  main use is so that you can ignore logging images
> >>

> > Hmmm... I'm pretty close to a -1 on this one.  We were just discussing
> > simplifying the logging directives, while this will compilicate them for no
> > good reason.  Can you justify why this is an improvement over
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#conditional and
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/env.html#examples ?
>
> > I guess the answer is mainly a speed one.
>
> setenvif is a regex call while this isn't.

Ian... we should be compiling a -single- regex for this case, and
it should be precompiled.  If we don't precompile SetEnvIf regexes,
that is the bug.

I have no objection to such an 'example', commented out, in the config.
As for the mime types, it doesn't matter when setenvif runs, I actually
suspect that fixups is the correct place.  Logging doesn't occur until
the bitter end.