httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 22:29:24 GMT
From: "Justin Erenkrantz" <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 4:15 PM

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 05:15:34PM -0500, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > This patch breaks the proxy.  Specifically, anyone who uses ap_proxy_make_fake_req().
 Get
> > a seg fault in ap_get_limit_req_body because r->per_dir_config is NULL.  I'll
spend some
> > time on this tomorrow unless someone wants to jump on it tonight.
>
> Is it valid for r->per_dir_config to be null?  Hmm.  I wonder if
> ap_get_limit_req_body should be fixed to handle this case instead
> of ap_http_filter?  -- justin

No.  It's entirely invalid.

At the very least - you are looking the r->server->lookup_defaults, plus the
<Location > sections in per_dir_config.

That's always true, anything that changes that assumption is broken.  Now if
either proxy or your patch skips the initial <Location > lookup (or it is
otherwise circumvented) then you get what you pay for.

Bill