httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Tag 1.3.23?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:32:27 GMT
Two outstanding issues remain I believe...

1. Chuck integrating the HTTP/1.c compliant mod_proxy
2. Bill Rowe's change that breaks (?) backward compatability on Windows. Some text from
other messages...

  "Note I've corrected _SEVERAL_ badly declared symbols on Win32 into
  API_EXPORT_NONSTD flavors (e.g. those using (...) args).  This may,
  or may not, break binary compatibility depending on how those args
  are addressed, and if those functions were used.

  This is a problem.  I have a suggestion if we don't want to entirely
  break Win32 compatibility.  Nonstd symbols would normally carry their
  underbar prefix.  By adding that prefix we would resolve the issue,
  except that ordinals would need to change, as well.  This would break both
  means that linked binaries use to resolve the symbol names.

  The other option is to finally drop all the ordinals (by dropping the .dsp)
  and force all Win32 modules to be rebuilt against 1.3.23.  What say you all?"

I think we concluded that e would rather not break binary compatability on Windows or any
other platform. So the part of the patch commited on 12/28/01 12:03 AM that breaks
compatability needs to be removed or reworked.

Anything else? I would like to tag Sunday night.

Thanks,
Bill