httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Apache 2.0 Win32 httpdlib static modules
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:28:36 GMT
It occurs to me;

In 1.3.22, we call ClearModuleList and then re-AddModule for each module
that isn't commented out.  This allows any admin to eliminate a module
they do not want running.

In 2.0 - ClearModuleList/AddModule is gone [rightly so.]  There is no
efficient way to 'unbind' a module once the server is built static.

Although the modules take some time to load and bind, I believe we may
be better off in 2.0 by creating .so modules for all but mod_so, mod_win32,
http, the winnt mpm and core.

Bill Stoddard and I are looking at different models that would speed up
recovery of a segfaulted child.  This will eliminate the worst of the side
effects of this change.

Due to the absolute nature of this problem, with no available workaround,
I'll commit the appropriate changes to build all other modules as .so's,
unless someone screams today with a better answer.

Bill