httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 weirdness with AcceptMutex on Solaris
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 01:44:23 GMT

> | What is the actual symptom you see if you don't do that?
>
> I don't know, i've always been adding to LIBS in the Makefile since I
> started using HPSA in apache.
>
> But we seem to only be using pthread_mutex_init(),
> pthread_mutex_lock/unlock(), pthread_mutexattr_init(), and
> pthread_mutexattr_setpshared().
>
> If httpd is linked sans thread libs, then calling these functions should
> always return true, but not actually acomplish anything intended.

:-OOO

Is that the emoticon for suprise? Astonishment? You mean on Solaris, it is possible to:

1. Sucessfully compile and link a program that requires pthread libraries but the linker
doesn;t complain if the pthread library is not present?

2. Said program will run w/o the pthread library linked in and return bogus stuff on
pthread calls, rather than segfaulting outright?

If this is true, I am completely speechless... Or I must have been kidnapped while I was
sleeping and taken to an alternate universe; Do apples fall from trees into the sky here?
Does it rain donuts? (Ummm... donuts....)

:-)

Bill