httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Tagging 1.3.23
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:10:14 GMT
> +1 on retaging... if Greg's "interpretation" is correct and we just retag
> with the same tag. I was confused by what we meant by "bump" :) :)

"bump" is "move" in this context. You can use the command

cvs tag -r yadda APACHE_1_3_23 file.c

to move the APACHE_1_3_23 tag to a version 'yadda' of file.c. Or alternately, remove the
tag from the file then retag at HEAD...

cvs rtag -d APACHE_1_3_23 file.c
cvs tag APACHE_1_3_23 file.c

There may be yet better ways to move the tag.

Moving tags is not normally a good thing to do, but if we just need to move tags for just
a few files to fix narrowly scoped problems, then, IMHO, it is an acceptable thing to do
in lieu of retagging the entire release.

Bill