httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgid pipe leak
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 05:38:03 GMT
> [assuming you meant to post this to dev@httpd instead]

Yep.

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:19:57AM -0500, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > >From STATUS
> >
> >    * mod_cgid leaks pipe descriptors, apparently for every request.
> >       I would guess that this is due to recent apr_file_dup[2]
> >       changes.
> >
> > Is the leak in the cgid server process or the httpd process?
>
> Could this be related to the other STATUS entry I just noticed?
>
>     * Eliminate unnecessary creation of pipes in mod_cgid
>
> -aaron

Perhaps. Thing is, mod_cgid was working correctly in the past and not leaking descriptors
even with
the overhead of creating the unneeded pipes. Jeff is probably right that the leak is related
to the
recent dup(2) changes. If we fixed the 'unnecessary pipe creation' problem, the leak might
go away
as well.

I -think- the leak is in the cgid process rather than in httpd, just wanted to confirm I was
looking
in the right place...

Bill