httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/mappers mod_negotiation.c
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:47:45 GMT
> gregames    02/01/28 13:18:10
>   Modified:    modules/mappers mod_negotiation.c
>   Log:
>   backing out fix for missing path info and query string.  wrowe beat me to
>   it.

Or so we thought :)

It turns out the usual negotation and the var map file are treated very, very
differently.  The var file resources are named with ABSOLUTE filenames.  IMHO
this is an issue.  They really should remain in URI space and follow all the

We can't rightly have path_info in a file subrequest.  Even query_args make
very little sense.

No good answer right now; except that relative paths in var map files should
probably become uri subrequests right _now_, since there is nothing really
holding that fix up.  If the path is absolute, then leave it as a file for
right now, until we figure out just how to handle this.

Maybe the answer is to grant the same patch to file subrequests that dirent
subrequests just received.

View raw message