httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/netware mpm_netware.c
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:10:20 GMT
Bill,
    I guess I don't follow your comment.  mpm_netware.c still follows
the same scheme as other MPM's in that it respects HARD_SERVER_LIMIT, it
just makes sure that it is never anything other than 1.  All references
to the scoreboard always use 0 for the server slot and a thread id for
the thread slot.  If somebody recompiles the code with HARD_SERVER_LIMIT
set to 0, which is ridiculous, then they get way they deserve.  If they
set it to something greater than 1 then they are just wasting memory
because it is physically impossible for NetWare to start more than one
instance in the same name space.  Is there something else I should be
concerned about.

thanks,
Brad

>>> wrowe@covalent.net Tuesday, December 18, 2001 9:32:39 AM >>>
> Jeff,
>      I think that the mistake I made here was not changing the error
> message text.  I had changed HARD_SERVER_LIMIT to HARD_THREAD_LIMIT
on
> purpose because NetWare does not have processes.  Therefore we will
> never have more than one server anyway and in fact the NetWare MPM
does
> not even provide a way for the user to change MAX_SERVERS because it
> doesn't make sense for us.  Is there any reason why you changed this
> HARD_SERVER_LIMIT other than it didn't seem to make sense with the
> message text?  If not, I will go ahead and change it back with the
> appropriate message text.

Brad,

  If they build with an inappropriate setting for HARD_SERVER_LIMIT,
3rd
party modules will be horked.  Please follow the convention here, so
we
are all eating our own dogfood - and are less likely to introduce 3rd
party
bugs.

Bill