httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/proxy config.m4
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:15:08 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> writes:

> "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vjo@dulug.duke.edu> writes:
>
> > The issue is as follows: mod_proxy_{connect,ftp,http} all depend on
> > symbols in mod_proxy. Run-time linking (as added by Jeff) fixes the
> > problem for most modules (including DAV and DAV_fs, which depends on
> > DAV), but proxy is still being the odd man out, for whatever reason.
> > This is (likely) not libtool's fault this time (I can't believe I just
> > typed that), but the issue has not yet been properly diagnosed.
>
> Is it possible that we're getting bit by make_exports.awk not being
> able to grok declarations that span lines?  (just a wild guess)

Yeah, that was a small part of it.  The larger part of it was
make_exports.awk missing an entire category of declarations.  The
missing category is now fixed, but I don't have a fix for the
line-span problem so the work-around at
    http://www.apache.org/~trawick/aixstatus.html
is a bit bigger now so that it covers ap_run_create_connection.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...