httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker mpm_default.h worker.c
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:11:09 GMT
Jeff Trawick <> writes:

> Greg Ames <> writes:
> > > Hmmm... (2nd thoughts :) )
> > >
> > > mpm_default.h exists so people can edit default settings in one nice
> > > place...  it wasn't nice for me to move these things out of
> > > mpm_defaults.h...  I'll move them back in there...   hopefully these
> > > settings won't be abused by modules and instead modules will call
> > > ap_mpm_query()
> >
> > Of course we don't want admins editing .c files as a rule.  That would
> > be a step backwards.  But if our goal is to put these params in the
> > config file, we can live with the limits in the MPM .c files for a day
> > or two.
> okay, let's defer any possible movement at least until we see what
> MPMs folks want to make smarter...

At this point, prefork and worker don't even have something like
HARD_SERVER_LIMIT/HARD_THRAD_LIMIT, FirstBill is going to do the same
thing for the WinNT MPM, I will do the same thing for perchild once
somebody gets the darn thing to compile/run, and I'll send a query in
a minute to the maintainers of the other MPMs asking if they want

a) to add the directives to their MPM themself, such that this issue
   is moot
b) they want me to move the defines for their MPM back to
   mpm_default.h where other user-tunable MPM defines are (but for a
   single-process multiple-thread MPM I would recommend *NOT* moving
   HARD_SERVER_LIMIT back there :) )
c) they want me to fix the log messages for their MPM that refer to
   those defines so that they point to the right file to edit

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message